Exmouth in the pink for breast cancer awareness
Exmouth will be painted pink this month when the town’s Cancer Research UK charity shop holds a day of fun in The Strand.
The town will on Saturday, October 15, be decorated with 3,000 balloons as local businesses join in the fundraising as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Throughout the day, from 11am until 3pm, The Strand will be filled with fun and entertainment in a bid to raise funds for the charity and raise awareness of the disease.
Games, including name the duck, and stalls, selling items like cakes, have been planned for the day.
There will also be a donation station – a place where people can leave donations of goods to be sold in the charity shop.
Exmouth Cancer Research charity shop manager Kirsty Jordan has already signed up around 50 businesses keen to take part in the day, but she is inviting others to join in the fun.
She said many of the town’s pubs and caf�s had also agreed to take part, selling pink-themed drinks to raise funds for breast cancer research.
- 1 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 2 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 3 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
- 4 Celebrate last night of the proms in Exmouth
- 5 Council on the lookout for site of new East Devon town
- 6 East Devon Ramblers take the reins on latest walk
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 9 History awaits Exmouth Town Football Club
- 10 Grieving mother went off rails after her son's beach death
To get involved with the fundraising day, contact Kirsty on (01395) 272066.