Exmouth in the pink for breast cancer awareness
Exmouth will be painted pink this month when the town’s Cancer Research UK charity shop holds a day of fun in The Strand.
The town will on Saturday, October 15, be decorated with 3,000 balloons as local businesses join in the fundraising as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Throughout the day, from 11am until 3pm, The Strand will be filled with fun and entertainment in a bid to raise funds for the charity and raise awareness of the disease.
Games, including name the duck, and stalls, selling items like cakes, have been planned for the day.
There will also be a donation station – a place where people can leave donations of goods to be sold in the charity shop.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth Cancer Research charity shop manager Kirsty Jordan has already signed up around 50 businesses keen to take part in the day, but she is inviting others to join in the fun.
She said many of the town’s pubs and caf�s had also agreed to take part, selling pink-themed drinks to raise funds for breast cancer research.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
To get involved with the fundraising day, contact Kirsty on (01395) 272066.