Street-side stall raised vital funds for Exmouth in Bloom
- Credit: Picture: Marion Drew
A fundraising stall outside the home of an Exmouth in Bloom volunteer raised vital funds for the community group.
Carol Rowe set up the stall selling plants, calendars, preserves, crafts and books and was joined by her fellow Exmouth in Bloom members.
Their first customer was a van driver from Plymouth passing through making a delivery in the road who was followed by Carol’s friends, family and neighbours.
Items were paid for by contactless payment, something welcomed by customers on the day.
The stall raised £354 for Exmouth in Bloom.
You may also want to watch:
Vice chairman Marion Drew thanked all the volunteers and those who came to support or donate on the day.
Volunteers continue to prepare for a double gold bid in 2021 when they will welcome judges from both the national and regional in bloom competitions.
For more information about the work of Exmouth in Bloom or to become a volunteer, go to the website
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces