Exmouth in Bloom awards evening
AWARDS in 20 classes, including the new Garth Gibson Trophy, were presented at Exmouth in Bloom s annual awards to residents and businesses evening at the Rugby Club last Thursday.
AWARDS in 20 classes, including the new Garth Gibson Trophy, were presented at Exmouth in Bloom's annual awards to residents and businesses evening at the Rugby Club last Thursday.
Mayor Darryl Nicholas present certificates and cups for the competition judged over August which saw nearly 70 entries.
These included floral displays and community teamwork at churches, pubs and inns and the best use of recycled water.
More than 70 people including homeowners and representatives from community groups as well as businesses like hotels, GP's surgeries, churches, sports clubs, pubs and restaurants also attended.
You may also want to watch:
And this year the Garth Gibson Trophy was introduced for the first time in memory of the late town crier, and was awarded to the winner of the Guest House with small garden category, Yvonne Bishton of Victoria Road.
While William Bradridge of Orchard Cottage Hulham Road, winner of the Rear Gardens category, won the over all winner cup.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Exmouth in Bloom chairman Pat Graham presented the chairman's cup award to Exmouth and Littleham in Bloom volunteer Gill Gegg for her work.
Gill said: "It's a real honour to receive the chairman's cup.
"But I feel this award is for everybody who worked so hard.