Exmouth hotel room is damaged by fire
A bathroom of a seafront hotel was damaged following a fire involving an extractor fan.
Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom.
Fire crews from Exmouth and Exeter arrived at the Imperial Hotel at around 10.30pm where they found a small fire involving an extractor fan in a bedroom en-suite bathroom.
The fire crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to tackle the blaze.
A thermal imaging camera and small tools were used at the scene. A ventilation fan cleared smoke from the room.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The bathroom was twenty per cent damaged by fire, heat and smoke and the remainder of the bedroom was damaged by smoke.”
- 1 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 2 'Child abuse cases happen locally, not just nationally...'
- 3 East Devon Weekend Football Results
- 4 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 5 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 6 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 7 How can you help Exmouth?
- 8 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside