Exmouth hotel room is damaged by fire
A bathroom of a seafront hotel was damaged following a fire involving an extractor fan.
Exmouth firefighters were called to a seafront hotel on Friday night after a fire broke out in an en-suite bathroom.
Fire crews from Exmouth and Exeter arrived at the Imperial Hotel at around 10.30pm where they found a small fire involving an extractor fan in a bedroom en-suite bathroom.
The fire crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to tackle the blaze.
A thermal imaging camera and small tools were used at the scene. A ventilation fan cleared smoke from the room.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The bathroom was twenty per cent damaged by fire, heat and smoke and the remainder of the bedroom was damaged by smoke.”
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Local snooker finally returns