Exmouth hearing dog wins prize
- Credit: Archant
Hearing dog for the deaf, a cocker spaniel poodle cross called Niven, has won a weekend at a pet-friendly hotel with his owner, Pauline Young.
Niven and Pauline, from Exmouth, won the prize after they were nominated through Rooms to Reward - a charity project to recognise volunteers.
Pauline and Niven volunteer for the National Trust at A la Ronde, in Exmouth, as well as at the Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education, giving students the experience of working with a hearing dog.
Pauline volunteers in the A la Ronde shop and Niven is always at her side.
Pauline and her faithful friend won a stay at the Deer Park Country House Hotel, near Honiton, for three days of walks, log fires and luxury food.
You may also want to watch:
Salli Carr-Griffin, operations manager at A la Ronde, said: “Niven has helped Pauline immensely and it is wonderful to have them volunteering at the property in the shop and also giving us guidance on ensuring we are supportive of all types of assistance dogs that visit with their owners.
“Our work at A la Ronde would not be possible without all of our volunteers’ support and dedication to the property.”
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign