Exmouth grandmother's delight at baby
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter s new child. Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl – af
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter's new child.
Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl - after being scanned and told to expect a boy.
And, if this was not a big enough surprise, Helen had set off for the maternity hospital in Aberystwyth, where she now lives, and did not make it that far.
Paula said her daughter had to give birth in the hospital's car park." She added: "I'm a proud grandparent again."
Helen was brought up in Exmouth before moving to Aberystwyth in Wales due to her partner's work commitments.
The new mum called her baby Erin and weighed 7lb. Helen and her partner, Nick, have two additional children, Louis, aged five, and Connor Yabsley, who is 18-months-old.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 8 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 9 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 10 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
Paula said: "The way things evolved perhaps affected me more than Helen because you automatically think whether the child's being born without medical supervision.
"The fact it was a girl was a big surprise.