Exmouth grandmother's delight at baby
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter s new child. Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl – af
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter's new child.
Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl - after being scanned and told to expect a boy.
And, if this was not a big enough surprise, Helen had set off for the maternity hospital in Aberystwyth, where she now lives, and did not make it that far.
Paula said her daughter had to give birth in the hospital's car park." She added: "I'm a proud grandparent again."
You may also want to watch:
Helen was brought up in Exmouth before moving to Aberystwyth in Wales due to her partner's work commitments.
The new mum called her baby Erin and weighed 7lb. Helen and her partner, Nick, have two additional children, Louis, aged five, and Connor Yabsley, who is 18-months-old.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Paula said: "The way things evolved perhaps affected me more than Helen because you automatically think whether the child's being born without medical supervision.
"The fact it was a girl was a big surprise.