Exmouth grandmother's delight at baby
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter s new child. Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl – af
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter's new child.
Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl - after being scanned and told to expect a boy.
And, if this was not a big enough surprise, Helen had set off for the maternity hospital in Aberystwyth, where she now lives, and did not make it that far.
Paula said her daughter had to give birth in the hospital's car park." She added: "I'm a proud grandparent again."
You may also want to watch:
Helen was brought up in Exmouth before moving to Aberystwyth in Wales due to her partner's work commitments.
The new mum called her baby Erin and weighed 7lb. Helen and her partner, Nick, have two additional children, Louis, aged five, and Connor Yabsley, who is 18-months-old.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 3 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 4 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 5 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 6 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 7 Rugby literally back to square one
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 10 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
Paula said: "The way things evolved perhaps affected me more than Helen because you automatically think whether the child's being born without medical supervision.
"The fact it was a girl was a big surprise.