Exmouth grandmother's delight at baby
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter s new child. Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl – af
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter's new child.
Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl - after being scanned and told to expect a boy.
And, if this was not a big enough surprise, Helen had set off for the maternity hospital in Aberystwyth, where she now lives, and did not make it that far.
Paula said her daughter had to give birth in the hospital's car park." She added: "I'm a proud grandparent again."
You may also want to watch:
Helen was brought up in Exmouth before moving to Aberystwyth in Wales due to her partner's work commitments.
The new mum called her baby Erin and weighed 7lb. Helen and her partner, Nick, have two additional children, Louis, aged five, and Connor Yabsley, who is 18-months-old.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
Paula said: "The way things evolved perhaps affected me more than Helen because you automatically think whether the child's being born without medical supervision.
"The fact it was a girl was a big surprise.