Exmouth grandmother's delight at baby
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter s new child. Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl – af
AN EXMOUTH grandmother has spoke of her shock at the strange circumstances involving the birth of her daughter's new child.
Helen, a former community college student and daughter of Paula Embley, who lives in Salterton Road, gave birth to a baby girl - after being scanned and told to expect a boy.
And, if this was not a big enough surprise, Helen had set off for the maternity hospital in Aberystwyth, where she now lives, and did not make it that far.
Paula said her daughter had to give birth in the hospital's car park." She added: "I'm a proud grandparent again."
You may also want to watch:
Helen was brought up in Exmouth before moving to Aberystwyth in Wales due to her partner's work commitments.
The new mum called her baby Erin and weighed 7lb. Helen and her partner, Nick, have two additional children, Louis, aged five, and Connor Yabsley, who is 18-months-old.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Paula said: "The way things evolved perhaps affected me more than Helen because you automatically think whether the child's being born without medical supervision.
"The fact it was a girl was a big surprise.