GPs set for second ‘take over’ of Exmouth Park Run
- Credit: Lucy Craven
Staff from two Exmouth medical practices are staging another take over of the town’s park run to encourage others to get active.
Doctors, nurses and administrative staff lined up alongside more than 400 other runners at Exmouth Park Run earlier this month and are now gearing up to do the same on Saturday, June 1.
Medical centres across the country are teaming up with events.
GP and member of Exmouth Harriers Dr Lucy Craven has been liaising with park run organisers to stage a medical staff 'take over' to encourage patients to take part.
She said: "There is a UK-wide movement at the moment to scale up social prescribing activities.
You may also want to watch:
"It helps that the staff had such a great time and that the feedback we got from runners and patients was fantastic.
"We would like to encourage everyone to come on down, whether you want to walk it with the tail walker or whether you run it, it is open and free to all."
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub