Exmouth giant coffee morning raises cash for Macmillan
Exmouth dug deep and raised funds for cancer patients when they scores of organisations took part in the Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning. Exmouth based FriendsUK social group raised �450 for the charity.
Exmouth based FriendsUK social group raised �450 for cancer patients when they took part in the Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning.
Exmouth’s mayor Councillor Darryl Nicholas and councillors Eileen Wragg and Steve Gazzard were among the many guests who went along to the Devoncourt Hotel to support to social group’s efforts to raise much-needed funds for the charity.
Some 150 people dug deep to help boost funds in an event which was mirrored nationwide.
The FriendsUK coffee morning was sponsored by Brasserie 16, at the Devoncourt Hotel, and included a bring-and-buy stall and raffle.
Exmouth marketing firm Chartered Developments also took part in Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Chartered Development’s managing director Anita Turner said the decision to support the event was prompted by members of staff who had experienced the ‘fantastic support’ offered by the charity.
- 1 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 2 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 3 How can you help Exmouth?
- 4 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 5 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
- 8 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 9 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
The Raleigh branch of Exmouth’s Rotary and Innerwheel clubs staged their event at the Tower Street Methodist Church.
• For information about FriendsUK, call David on 07845928393.