Exmouth giant coffee morning raises cash for Macmillan
Exmouth dug deep and raised funds for cancer patients when they scores of organisations took part in the Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning. Exmouth based FriendsUK social group raised �450 for the charity.
Exmouth based FriendsUK social group raised �450 for cancer patients when they took part in the Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning.
Exmouth’s mayor Councillor Darryl Nicholas and councillors Eileen Wragg and Steve Gazzard were among the many guests who went along to the Devoncourt Hotel to support to social group’s efforts to raise much-needed funds for the charity.
Some 150 people dug deep to help boost funds in an event which was mirrored nationwide.
The FriendsUK coffee morning was sponsored by Brasserie 16, at the Devoncourt Hotel, and included a bring-and-buy stall and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth marketing firm Chartered Developments also took part in Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Chartered Development’s managing director Anita Turner said the decision to support the event was prompted by members of staff who had experienced the ‘fantastic support’ offered by the charity.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
The Raleigh branch of Exmouth’s Rotary and Innerwheel clubs staged their event at the Tower Street Methodist Church.
• For information about FriendsUK, call David on 07845928393.