Exmouth garden comp a real hit
Once again, Exmouth’s district council tenants excelled themselves with their creative gardening at this year’s competition.
The annual tenants’ garden competition is organised by the district council’s housing service.
This year, there were 40 entries and included two new categories, ‘disabled gardener’ and ‘best lawn’.
Mr and Mrs A and K Kellaway won gold for their recycled and organic garden at 22 Liverton Close, Exmouth.
Ms C Street, of 5 Mead Cottages, Exmouth, won joint gold award for her front garden, as did of Mr EW Hill, of 30 Glebelands, Lympstone.
You may also want to watch:
Overall winner was Mrs C Bourne, of 83 Arcot Park, Sidmouth. Joint gold winner in the category for disabled gardener was Mr T. Kimber, of 6 School Lane, Newton Poppleford.
Prizes and certificates were presented by councillor Jill Elson, the communities portfolio holder, head of housing John Golding, and Mr Andrew Sturgess, the manager of maintenance at Skinner Construction Ltd.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
The winners celebrated with a prize-giving tea at the Knowle Council Offices, Sidmouth on September 2.