Exmouth: garage fire
PUBLISHED: 11:40 27 November 2013 | UPDATED: 11:41 27 November 2013
Fire crews were called to Montpellier Road after a fire broke out in a garage
Firefighters were called to a garage in Montpellier Road on Tuesday lunchtime after receiving multiple reports of a fire.
When the crews arrived they found the garage well alight
Fire crews wore breathing apparatus and set about dousing the flames with a hose reel jet.
Once the fire was out, the crews continued to damp down the area, and also dig out the site.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The garage and its contents were severely damaged by fire, which started accidentally.
“A call from the owner of the garage confirmed there was no car, fuel or cylinders inside.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.