Exmouth fun time review
THE organisers of Exmouth s summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events. Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at l
THE organisers of Exmouth's summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events.
Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: "The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at least two nights.
"But, we can't do anything about this and I think people who have come along have enjoyed themselves in spite of the rain.
"The summer fun time event offers people something different to do - it is quite unique in the context of other Exmouth events.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a wonderful long seafront which, rightly so, is used as a focal point for the fun time."
Ron Roberts, secretary of the carnival, said: "The flea market was successful and the talent show did well. The turnout for the fun run and rescue display at Exmouth's beach rescue club was also good.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
"The weather, however, has been dreadful."
The summer fun time, which started last month and runs until Sunday, August 9, is in its 15th year.
A firework display, as part of the event's programme, takes place this Saturday at the Bath House on Exmouth sea front at 10pm.