Exmouth fun time review
THE organisers of Exmouth s summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events. Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at l
THE organisers of Exmouth's summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events.
Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: "The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at least two nights.
"But, we can't do anything about this and I think people who have come along have enjoyed themselves in spite of the rain.
"The summer fun time event offers people something different to do - it is quite unique in the context of other Exmouth events.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a wonderful long seafront which, rightly so, is used as a focal point for the fun time."
Ron Roberts, secretary of the carnival, said: "The flea market was successful and the talent show did well. The turnout for the fun run and rescue display at Exmouth's beach rescue club was also good.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 5 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Call to arms to support your local cinema
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
"The weather, however, has been dreadful."
The summer fun time, which started last month and runs until Sunday, August 9, is in its 15th year.
A firework display, as part of the event's programme, takes place this Saturday at the Bath House on Exmouth sea front at 10pm.