Exmouth fun time review
THE organisers of Exmouth s summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events. Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at l
THE organisers of Exmouth's summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events.
Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: "The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at least two nights.
"But, we can't do anything about this and I think people who have come along have enjoyed themselves in spite of the rain.
"The summer fun time event offers people something different to do - it is quite unique in the context of other Exmouth events.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a wonderful long seafront which, rightly so, is used as a focal point for the fun time."
Ron Roberts, secretary of the carnival, said: "The flea market was successful and the talent show did well. The turnout for the fun run and rescue display at Exmouth's beach rescue club was also good.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
"The weather, however, has been dreadful."
The summer fun time, which started last month and runs until Sunday, August 9, is in its 15th year.
A firework display, as part of the event's programme, takes place this Saturday at the Bath House on Exmouth sea front at 10pm.