Exmouth fun time review
THE organisers of Exmouth s summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events. Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at l
THE organisers of Exmouth's summer fun time have hailed its success despite bad weather affecting outdoor events.
Rob Walker, carnival organiser for the summer fun time, said: "The weather has not helped, particularly the fair which was wiped out for at least two nights.
"But, we can't do anything about this and I think people who have come along have enjoyed themselves in spite of the rain.
"The summer fun time event offers people something different to do - it is quite unique in the context of other Exmouth events.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a wonderful long seafront which, rightly so, is used as a focal point for the fun time."
Ron Roberts, secretary of the carnival, said: "The flea market was successful and the talent show did well. The turnout for the fun run and rescue display at Exmouth's beach rescue club was also good.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
"The weather, however, has been dreadful."
The summer fun time, which started last month and runs until Sunday, August 9, is in its 15th year.
A firework display, as part of the event's programme, takes place this Saturday at the Bath House on Exmouth sea front at 10pm.