Exmouth fuel thefts prompt police appeal
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after two cars had fuel stolen while parked in Camperdown car park
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after two cars had fuel stolen while parked in Camperdown car park.
PC Mat Helm urged drivers to park in well-lit, populated areas, whenever possible.
He also urged boat owners to be vigilant.
PC Helm said: "This brings us onto the possibility that this summer will see a sharp rise in fuel thefts again.
You may also want to watch:
"As fuel prices rise, this creates temptation to the less desirable members of our community to steal from us, the innocent motorists and boat users.
"We have in the past had multiple fuel thefts from vessels.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
"These have taken place on driveways, the marina, dry moorings, as well as floating ones.