Exmouth footballer still playing - at 74-years-old
MOST footballers hang up their boots when they are around 35-years-old. Frank Dellin, of Hulham Road, Exmouth, however, keeps defying this common trend. The 74-year-old has played several competitive matches for Woodbury FC this season – and vows to cont
MOST footballers hang up their boots when they are around 35-years-old.
Frank Dellin, of Hulham Road, Exmouth, however, keeps defying this common trend.
The 74-year-old has played several competitive matches for Woodbury FC this season - and vows to continue for a number of years to come.
Mr Dellin joked: "In a couple of year's time I will be back to my best."
The Manchester United supporter's most recent game was as a striker against Bickleigh last month, just before he celebrated his 74th birthday.
"We ended up losing about 10-2," he said. "I played about three games that week.
- 1 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 2 'Child abuse cases happen locally, not just nationally...'
- 3 East Devon Weekend Football Results
- 4 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 5 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 6 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 7 How can you help Exmouth?
- 8 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Exmouth Harriers turn to the Countryside
"I will be back again next season doing it all again.
"I do a lot of walking to keep me fit. After a match I do not stay still; I will go home, have a bite to eat and then go out for a run.
"If I stop (doing exercise) I will get rigamortis. It is the desire and love of playing football which also keeps me going."
Mr Dellin confessed to not being a saint during the early years of his football career.
"I have been banned for most clubs around Exmouth. They have all being glad to get rid of me.