Exmouth fitness centre raises money for Hospiscare
FITNESS fanatics have raised �700 for the Exmouth and Lympstone Hospiscare charity.
Curves, a fitness gym for women based at Liverton Business Park, presented a cheque for the charity last week.
Andrea Huxley, business partner, said Curves globally supports breast cancer awareness but staff at the Exmouth gym chose recently to support a local good cause.
“We are full of admiration for the work (Hospiscare) does. We thought it would be nicer to do something for a local charity and have more meaning and significance to people here.
“We waived our service fee for a donation.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrea, along with Nadine Richardson and her colleagues, handed the cheque over.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter