Exmouth firefighters put out kitchen fire in Rolle Street

PUBLISHED: 09:27 19 July 2017

Archant

Fire crews from Exmouth were called out this morning following reports of a kitchen fire in Rolle Street.

Two fire engines were sent to the address at 7.15am.

A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said crews used two lots of breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and positive pressure ventilation to tackle the fire.

The spokesman added: “The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental due to a cooker hob being left on. The cooker was 20 per cent damaged by fire, and five per cent smoke damage to the kitchen.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal