Exmouth firefighters pump away floodwater after overnight downpours
EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Withycombe Raleigh on Thursday morning after heavy overnight rain caused flooding - causing a road closure
EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Withycombe Raleigh on Thursday morning after heavy overnight rain caused flooding.
Regents Gate, off Withycombe Village Road, remains closed while the crew continues to tackle the flooding.
Fire crews have been using pumping equipment to clear floodwater caused by the torrential downpours.
An eye witness said: "Where the water has backed up, it has caused the road to collapse.
You may also want to watch:
"It almost looks like wet cardboard.
"There is a house that has been flooded but it is all locked up and the emergency services can't hold of the owner.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 3 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Ban and fine for speeding
- 10 From Siberia to Exmouth, here come the geese
"The water has gone down quite a bit, but the damage is quite a bit."
The police are also at the scene.
The Met Office said heavy rain showers were expected in the South West for the rest of the day.