Exmouth firefighters pump away floodwater after overnight downpours
EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Withycombe Raleigh on Thursday morning after heavy overnight rain caused flooding - causing a road closure
EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Withycombe Raleigh on Thursday morning after heavy overnight rain caused flooding.
Regents Gate, off Withycombe Village Road, remains closed while the crew continues to tackle the flooding.
Fire crews have been using pumping equipment to clear floodwater caused by the torrential downpours.
An eye witness said: "Where the water has backed up, it has caused the road to collapse.
You may also want to watch:
"It almost looks like wet cardboard.
"There is a house that has been flooded but it is all locked up and the emergency services can't hold of the owner.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice
- 10 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
"The water has gone down quite a bit, but the damage is quite a bit."
The police are also at the scene.
The Met Office said heavy rain showers were expected in the South West for the rest of the day.