Exmouth firefighters issue barbecue warning

EXMOUTH firefighters are warning people who use disposable barbecues to take care when throwing them away.

EXMOUTH firefighters are warning people who use disposable barbecues to take care when throwing them away.

The message comes after the town's fire crew on Tuesday evening were called to put out a sea front rubbish bin fire caused by a smouldering disposable barbecue.

Exmouth firefighters are urging people to make sure throw-away barbecues are properly extinguished before dropping them into the bin.

Exmouth crew commander Giles White said: "We have had a number of similar incidents involving barbecues.


You may also want to watch:


"We would urge people to take precautions and ensure their barbecues are safely put out without putting themselves in danger, otherwise they could cause serious injury.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter