Exmouth firefighters issue barbecue warning

PUBLISHED: 19:25 16 June 2009 | UPDATED: 11:10 10 June 2010

EXMOUTH firefighters are warning people who use disposable barbecues to take care when throwing them away.

EXMOUTH firefighters are warning people who use disposable barbecues to take care when throwing them away.

The message comes after the town's fire crew on Tuesday evening were called to put out a sea front rubbish bin fire caused by a smouldering disposable barbecue.

Exmouth firefighters are urging people to make sure throw-away barbecues are properly extinguished before dropping them into the bin.

Exmouth crew commander Giles White said: "We have had a number of similar incidents involving barbecues.

"We would urge people to take precautions and ensure their barbecues are safely put out without putting themselves in danger, otherwise they could cause serious injury.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists