Exmouth firefighters called to kitchen fire and more news
Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a kitchen fire in Withycombe Raleigh. Read this and more.
BABY ALERT: Exmouth coastguards were last week tasked to prepare a landing site for the medical transfer by helicopter of a baby from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to Yorkshire.
The coastguards on Friday evening (November 18) went to The Exeter School, where they were met by a Sea King helicopter from RAF Leconfield.
MICROWAVE FIRE: Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a home in Withycombe Raleigh on Sunday, November 20, after a small fire broke out in a kitchen.
The fire crew found a fire had broken out in a microwave.
It was out when the fire brigade arrived shortly before 10.30pm.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 5 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 6 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
- 10 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
The firefighters used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the property.
FREE TREES: Exmouth residents are being encouraged to apply for free trees under a scheme backed by the town council.
The application deadline to request up to 15 free trees is January 16, 2012.
Application forms are available from Exmouth Town Hall, in St Andrews Road, or at: www.exmouth.gov.uk
NEW CADETS : Exmouth is seeking the next generation of Air Cadets with an appeal for new members.
They are seeking people who are aged between 13 and 17 and keen to make new friends while trying flying, gliding, adventure training, target shooting and sports. Cadets work towards a host of qualifications, including BTECs and the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Contact the 299 Exmouth Squadron on (01395) 227032.