Exmouth firefighters called to kitchen fire and more news
Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a kitchen fire in Withycombe Raleigh. Read this and more.
BABY ALERT: Exmouth coastguards were last week tasked to prepare a landing site for the medical transfer by helicopter of a baby from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to Yorkshire.
The coastguards on Friday evening (November 18) went to The Exeter School, where they were met by a Sea King helicopter from RAF Leconfield.
MICROWAVE FIRE: Firefighters from Exmouth were called to a home in Withycombe Raleigh on Sunday, November 20, after a small fire broke out in a kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The fire crew found a fire had broken out in a microwave.
It was out when the fire brigade arrived shortly before 10.30pm.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
The firefighters used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the property.
FREE TREES: Exmouth residents are being encouraged to apply for free trees under a scheme backed by the town council.
The application deadline to request up to 15 free trees is January 16, 2012.
Application forms are available from Exmouth Town Hall, in St Andrews Road, or at: www.exmouth.gov.uk
NEW CADETS : Exmouth is seeking the next generation of Air Cadets with an appeal for new members.
They are seeking people who are aged between 13 and 17 and keen to make new friends while trying flying, gliding, adventure training, target shooting and sports. Cadets work towards a host of qualifications, including BTECs and the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Contact the 299 Exmouth Squadron on (01395) 227032.