Exmouth firefighters called to Imperial Way home after smoke detector raises alarm

EXMOUTH firefighters forced their way into an Imperial Way home on Saturday lunchtime following reports a smoke alarm was sounding at the property.

EXMOUTH firefighters forced their way into an Imperial Way home on Saturday lunchtime following reports a smoke alarm was sounding at the property.

When the fire crews arrived they found the resident was locked out of the property and unable to get inside.

The firefighters were forced to break into the home after discovering smoke at the address.

The fire service said cooking materials inside the home were the cause of the smoke.


You may also want to watch:


The fire crews used small tools to make the area safe.

No one was injured in the incident.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter