Exmouth firefighters called to Brixington gas leak

PUBLISHED: 11:11 21 December 2009 | UPDATED: 12:29 10 June 2010

A BRIXINGTON woman whose home suffered a gas leak needed treatment by paramedics.

A BRIXINGTON woman whose home suffered a gas leak needed treatment by paramedics.

Exmouth's emergency services were last Friday evening called to Valley Way home following reports gas was leaking at the property.

When Exmouth firefighters arrived at the property they ventilated the home.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "On arrival, the crew found there was gas in the property which they ventilated.

"One female had already been removed from the property and treated by ambulance personnel.

"It is believed the gas cooker had been left on without ignition.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal