Exmouth: Fire at Tesco garage

PUBLISHED: 12:04 06 March 2013 | UPDATED: 12:04 06 March 2013

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk.

This reader's photograph shows the crew on the garage forecourt.

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk. This reader's photograph shows the crew on the garage forecourt.

Archant

Firefighters were called to Salterton Road Tesco forecourt on Wednesday morning when a small fire broke out in a computer.

Tesco garage was briefly closed on Wednesday morning when staff noticed smoke coming from a computer in the forecourt kiosk.

Exmouth firefighters were called to the Salterton Road petrol station at around 9.30am, where they found small fire in the computer.

The garage was closed to the public for safety reasons while firefighters took the computer outside and used a fire extinguisher to make the equipment safe.

Ventilation fans were used within the shop to clear away smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal