Can you help this Exmouth filmmaker find the perfect spooky Devon location?
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth filmmaker is on the hunt for an atmospheric Devon location for his spooky new short – and would like to hear your ideas.
Exmouth Community College teacher and founder of Meat Bingo Productions, John Panton, is looking for the perfect place to shoot the last in a series of three ghostly films,
The setting will form the stimulus for the new film’s script and John has laid out a number of criteria, which include that it must be in Devon.
He said: “The film would be written for that specific location and it needs to be £0 budget – but could work nicely as a way to publicise a particular place.
“There needs to be a historical context; the location would have benefitted the public in the past, but is now disused or repurposed.”
Line Signal was filmed on a former railway line, lost to beeching cuts and Surveyor was filmed at Poltimore House, a dilapidated mansion and former hospital.
John’s ‘zero budget’ film formula gives his pupils hard-to-come-by hands-on industry experience, while not deterring top TV talent from getting involved.
You may also want to watch:
Previous appearances in his projects have included Mike Wozniak (C4’s Man Down), Alex Winters (CBeebies), Rebecca Front (Humans) and Matt Berry (The IT Crowd).
On whether we are likely to see any stars in the new film’s cast, John says it will depend on actors’ scheduling and availability.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
But he added: “I’d love to be able to bring back some familiar faces from Line Signal and Surveyor, plus one or two new actors as well.”
Can you think of an Exmouth location, free to use and fit for a terrifying tale?