Exmouth entrepreneur’s TV appearance scores backing
An entrepreneur from Exmouth who invented the male wet wipe has teamed up with King of Shaves after appearing on a BBC Two series Britain’s Next Big Thing
An Exmouth entrepreneur who cornered the market with his male wet wipe has teamed up with a shaving giant after appearing on national television.
Former Exmouth Community College student Stu Jolley recently appeared on the BBC2 television series Britain’s Next Big Thing, presented by Dragons Den star Theo Paphitis, where start-up businesses attempt to secure funding.
Twenty-four-year-old Stu’s product Wingman, a male deodorising wipe dreamed up during a camping trip with friends, caught the eye of King of Shaves entrepreneur Will King and Boots.
At the end of the series Stu had won a Boots distribution deal for his male grooming product after beating off stiff competition from thousands of newly-started comapines who applied to take part on the show.
The King of Shaves Company Ltd also opted to invest in the company, owning 24 per cent of equity in Wingman Products Ltd.
Stu, who set up the business in a bedroom at Exmouth after graduating from Cardiff University, said: “The experience on Britain’s Next Big Thing was an incredible rollercoaster and I’m really excited that it sparked Will’s interest in Wingman and has resulted in the King of Shaves investment.”
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 5 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 6 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
- 10 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
Will King said: “I watched the programme and saw massive opportunities with this brand, spinning it into a huge range of other products in the male grooming and accessories markets.”
“Our companies are already working together on these developments and I expect to make a further announcement on this later this year.”