Exmouth detectives issue an appeal after man’s jaw is broken in a cowardly attack
A 20-year-old man suffered a broken jaw in Exmouth after being set upon by seven men in an unprovoked attack, detectives have revealed.
Officers at Exmouth CID are appealing for help tracing the thugs who, in the early hours of July 4, beat and kicked the Exeter man – knocking him unconscious – following a gig at Elizabeth Hall.
Following the cowardly attack, the victim was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where he required an overnight stay and surgery to his jaw.
Police said the yobs were late teens and early 20s.
Detective sergeant Zoe Nowell said: “It was an unusual attack and the injuries were severe and potentially life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
“It was someone who had come from Exeter on a night out to attend a music venue, but has been set upon for no reason at all.
“There would have been a lot of people there and we would like to hear from anyone who saw something.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Prestwich on 08452 777444; crime ref: KE/10/1685.