Exmouth dancers to support Peter Andre
Five young Exmouth dancers are celebrating after being chosen to support Peter Andre in concert.
Girlfreaks, who are made up of Chloe Farrow, age ten, Jade Thomas, 12, Sian Moyle, 11, Katie Shorland, 12, and Lauren Hodge, 14, will be appearing onstage at the Crealy Rocks event on August 13.
The group, which trains with Western Dance Force at Exmouth Community College, were chosen to appear at the event after a local organiser spotted a video of them dancing on Facebook.
The organiser then travelled to Exmouth to see the girls dance in person, and signed them up on the spot.
The girls have been dancing together for five years, and regularly compete in events around the country.
You may also want to watch:
Western Dance Force’s Samantha Western said: “We’re thrilled to bits for the girls – it’s an amazing opportunity.
“They will be performing three dances. We’ve been given the music and we’re now sorting out the choreography and costumes.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
“They’re working really hard – they will be training every day from now until the show.”
Western Dance Force have been in contact with Peter Andre himself, and say he is keen to meet up with the girls.