Exmouth dancers to support Peter Andre
Five young Exmouth dancers are celebrating after being chosen to support Peter Andre in concert.
Girlfreaks, who are made up of Chloe Farrow, age ten, Jade Thomas, 12, Sian Moyle, 11, Katie Shorland, 12, and Lauren Hodge, 14, will be appearing onstage at the Crealy Rocks event on August 13.
The group, which trains with Western Dance Force at Exmouth Community College, were chosen to appear at the event after a local organiser spotted a video of them dancing on Facebook.
The organiser then travelled to Exmouth to see the girls dance in person, and signed them up on the spot.
The girls have been dancing together for five years, and regularly compete in events around the country.
Western Dance Force’s Samantha Western said: “We’re thrilled to bits for the girls – it’s an amazing opportunity.
“They will be performing three dances. We’ve been given the music and we’re now sorting out the choreography and costumes.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 3 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 4 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 5 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 6 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 7 South West warning for drought issued
- 8 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 9 Volunteers sought for Exmouth charity shop
- 10 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
“They’re working really hard – they will be training every day from now until the show.”
Western Dance Force have been in contact with Peter Andre himself, and say he is keen to meet up with the girls.