Exmouth dancers named world champions
A pair of Exmouth youngsters have been named world champions after excelling at a competition held in Blackpool
A PAIR of quick-footed Exmouth youngsters have become world champion dancers.
Ten-year-old Sian-Leigh Western-Moyle and Billy Lorains, 12, have been named the best in the world at street dance beating more than 40 couples.
The pair, who triumphed in the ‘UDO pairs’ under 14 category, were competing at a competition which took place at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool.
Sian also came fourth in the under 12 solos category and Billy reached the last 12 in the under-14 solo.
Kath, Billy’s mum, said she was extremely proud of her son.
“He loves dancing. He used to dance around his bedroom all the time when he was younger so we decided to take him down to the Western Danceforce school,” she said.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
“It is a day I will never forget. The competition was filmed and I’m eagerly awaiting a copy on DVD to be sent through the post.”
Billy has been dancing for only eight months and Sian for four years.
Sian’s mum, Sam, said: “I’m really chuffed. It was the first time they both performed at a world championship.
“We weren’t expecting them to win so because they did it made it even more special. They both train hard and that has paid off.”