Exmouth cyclists accused of arrogance
VISITING tourists have claimed that cyclists on Exmouth Seafront are arrogant and aggressive and dangerous to walkers.
VISITING tourists have claimed that cyclists on Exmouth Seafront are 'arrogant and aggressive' and dangerous to walkers.
Mr and Mrs White of Camberley Surrey are frequent visitors to Exmouth and stay up to four times a year.
But in a letter to the town hall they say they have become 'increasingly concerned at the safety and wisdom' of the mixed cycle lane and pedestrian walkway on the esplanade.
They are calling for the removal of the path before the beginning of the holiday season and said:"This mix...is absolutely unsuitable.
You may also want to watch:
"Cycling should be confined to the road.
"A number of cyclists we have encountered are arrogant and aggressive if pedestrians stray into the cycle lane.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
"They cycle as if they have a singular right to do so.
"This scheme is ill thought out and is continuing danger to pedestrians.
"Exmouth relies on its visitors who contribute significantly to the local economy.
"...the council has a duty to work for the best interests of the town."
The concerns will be debated by the town council's general purposes committee on Monday.