Exmouth could do much better
RE: IT s Tesco No 3! I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
RE: IT's Tesco No 3!
I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
We let ASDA slip out of our hands (due to a vociferous minority who want Exmouth not to be brought into the 20th century) with a project which would have had a far better effect on Exmouth, as a whole, and would have given the town the ability to enhance other facilities, whilst tidying up and better using an eyesore of an area.
Towns have to modernise to survive, however the way in which it is handled very often dictates the outcome.
You may also want to watch:
Can we attract nothing but Tesco to our High Streets. It would be a great shame to now see the new Londis shop, Porky Downs, Lloyd Maunder and the fruit and veg shop in the Magnolia Centre all close, due to Tesco, but it would be no surprise.
Better choice and convenience is often sited as a reason to have Tesco, however, when you look at what is on the shelf, as opposed to what is actually on the market, the public is very much dictated to as to what we are allowed to buy.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
I will, on principle, not shop in Tesco Extra - I would rather go without. Exmouth could, and should have done better.
16 Winchester Drive,