Exmouth could do much better
RE: IT s Tesco No 3! I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
RE: IT's Tesco No 3!
I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
We let ASDA slip out of our hands (due to a vociferous minority who want Exmouth not to be brought into the 20th century) with a project which would have had a far better effect on Exmouth, as a whole, and would have given the town the ability to enhance other facilities, whilst tidying up and better using an eyesore of an area.
Towns have to modernise to survive, however the way in which it is handled very often dictates the outcome.
You may also want to watch:
Can we attract nothing but Tesco to our High Streets. It would be a great shame to now see the new Londis shop, Porky Downs, Lloyd Maunder and the fruit and veg shop in the Magnolia Centre all close, due to Tesco, but it would be no surprise.
Better choice and convenience is often sited as a reason to have Tesco, however, when you look at what is on the shelf, as opposed to what is actually on the market, the public is very much dictated to as to what we are allowed to buy.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 4 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college
I will, on principle, not shop in Tesco Extra - I would rather go without. Exmouth could, and should have done better.
16 Winchester Drive,