Exmouth could do much better
RE: IT s Tesco No 3! I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
RE: IT's Tesco No 3!
I cannot believe that the town council has allowed Tesco Direct to have the old job centre in Rolle Street.
We let ASDA slip out of our hands (due to a vociferous minority who want Exmouth not to be brought into the 20th century) with a project which would have had a far better effect on Exmouth, as a whole, and would have given the town the ability to enhance other facilities, whilst tidying up and better using an eyesore of an area.
Towns have to modernise to survive, however the way in which it is handled very often dictates the outcome.
You may also want to watch:
Can we attract nothing but Tesco to our High Streets. It would be a great shame to now see the new Londis shop, Porky Downs, Lloyd Maunder and the fruit and veg shop in the Magnolia Centre all close, due to Tesco, but it would be no surprise.
Better choice and convenience is often sited as a reason to have Tesco, however, when you look at what is on the shelf, as opposed to what is actually on the market, the public is very much dictated to as to what we are allowed to buy.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
I will, on principle, not shop in Tesco Extra - I would rather go without. Exmouth could, and should have done better.
16 Winchester Drive,