Exmouth Christmas Cracker - ice rink cancelled
STAFF at Exmouth Town Council have revealed the ice rink which was meant to play a key part in this weekend’s Christmas Cracker event will not go ahead.
A lorry transporting the rink is stuck in Folkstone as a result of heavy snowfall and will not be able to make it across in time for the festive extravaganza.
Suzanne Birkett, from the town management department, said the news was disappointing but it was hoped to reschedule the rink for a date early next year.
She said: “We plan to have it over next year when we have the launch of the new Strand.
“It is disappointing it won’t be here for the Christmas Cracker but there is nothing they can do.
You may also want to watch:
“There will by a small fair ground instead and lots of other things going on to keep people entertained.”
It is hoped an event, with the ice rink as one of the features, to mark the launch of the new Strand gardens, will take place in February at the latest.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
Any tokens saved from The Journal will be redeemable then.