Exmouth chippy shortlisted for national award
AN Exmouth chippy has been shortlisted for the 23rd annual National Fish and Chip Awards.
AN AWARD-winning Exmouth chippy is in the running to scoop yet another accolade.
Krispies, on Exeter Road, is one of three shops in the South West to make it on the 30-strong list of contenders shortlisted for the National Fish and Chip Awards.
The competition organisers have recognised owners Tim and Kelly Barnes as priding itself not in providing the highest quality produce, but also at being at the centre of the community.
Andy Gray, customer development manager for Seafish, an organisation which supports the seafood industry, said those shortlisted could be extremely proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“To reach this stage means that they have displayed quality products, a sustainable approach to sourcing supplies, wide-ranging knowledge and innovative culture – all the makings of a great makings of a great modern chippy.”
Krispies was presented with a ‘Perfect Portion Award’ for making the best chips in the West Country earlier this year.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday