Exmouth chip pan fire - two taken to hospital

A MAN and woman from Exmouth were on Tuesday night taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire at their Brixington home.

A MAN and woman from Exmouth were on Tuesday night taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire at their Brixington home.

Exmouth firefighters were called to the Parthia Place home shortly after 10.30pm following reports a chip pan was on fire in the kitchen.

The fire was out on the crew's arrival so they inspected the property and used ventilation fans to clear away smoke.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "One female suffering from smoke inhalation and one male suffering burns to his arms were taken to hospital by ambulance.

"The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.