Exmouth chip pan fire - two taken to hospital

PUBLISHED: 11:05 21 October 2009 | UPDATED: 12:08 10 June 2010

A MAN and woman from Exmouth were on Tuesday night taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire at their Brixington home.

A MAN and woman from Exmouth were on Tuesday night taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire at their Brixington home.

Exmouth firefighters were called to the Parthia Place home shortly after 10.30pm following reports a chip pan was on fire in the kitchen.

The fire was out on the crew's arrival so they inspected the property and used ventilation fans to clear away smoke.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "One female suffering from smoke inhalation and one male suffering burns to his arms were taken to hospital by ambulance.

"The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal