Exmouth care home residents help organise time capsule
RESIDENTS from an Exmouth care home helped organise the burial of a time capsule.
The historic cache of goods buried at Summerleaze residential home, in Salterton Road, last week, included stamps, a pen, coins, mobile phone and newspapers.
Mike Covell, the home owner, said it was during a discussion group with residents that it was decided to create a time capsule.
He said: “It was decided to compile a selection of items typical of the present but which they felt would become history in the not too distant future.
“They also wrote a letter to the people of the future with a little advice from the present and detailing their hopes for the years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
The project was facilitated by Sue Moore, a holistic therapist.
Residents are hoping the time capsule will not be dug up for at least 50 years.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter