Exmouth butcher to win tidy award
EXMOUTH'S mayor, councillor Daryl Nicholas, will be in the Magnolia Centre on Thursday afternoon to present an award to butcher,
EXMOUTH'S mayor, councillor Daryl Nicholas, will be in the Magnolia Centre on Thursday afternoon to present an award to butcher, Porky Down on behalf of the town's Tidy Group.
The butcher has scooped a Pride in Exmouth Award after members of the Exmouth Tidy Group were impressed by the shop's standards of cleanliness.
Porky Down's award will be the fourth certificate presented by the tidy group, which has teamed up with town council over the project.
An Exmouth Tidy Group spokeswoman said: "At our last meeting members of the tidy group expressed their appreciation of the attractive appearance, cleanliness, and standard of service which they received in the shop.
"It was also noted that the paving at the front of the shop is washed down on a regular basis and efforts made to keep the outside rear area of the business tidy and clean.
"A majority vote elected Porky Downs to receive this award."
- 1 Care at home company named top 20 in the SW
- 2 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 3 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 4 Lively conditions set the scene for Exmouth Regatta
- 5 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 8 Budleigh author Hilary Mantel to put desk under the hammer
- 9 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 10 Local history: Lady Byron's links with Exmouth
The first certificate awarded by the group was presented at the end of June 2008 to Exmouth Market for its high standard of cleanliness and tidiness throughout the premises.
Jewellers Ashby Crane, in the Magnolia Centre, and Greenfingers garden centre have also been recognised for their contribution to visual enhancement of Exmouth, the tidy group said.