Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- Credit: Paul Ligas - Paul Ligas Photography 2014
Thompson Jenner and Comedy Matters have been revealed as the latest sponsors of the Exmouth Business Awards categories.
Accountancy firm Thompson Jenner will be sponsoring the award for best employer, while Comedy Matters will be doing the same for the young entrepreneur category.
The best employer category looks to recognise an employer who has gone above and beyond to look after their team during the last year. The employer can be of any size.
A spokesman for Thompson Jenner said: “We are pleased to sponsor the Employer of the year award, highlighting the day-to-day hard work and dedication of individuals from a multitude of sectors throughout the area.
“We have been supporting the business awards every year since the very start and can see the benefit they have brought to Exmouth during that time.
“We are very proud of all the local businesses that we support who get nominated, and are delighted to be supporting the awards once more this year.”
Another category in this year’ s business awards is the young entrepreneur of the year award.
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 9 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 10 Pebblebeds will soon hear the nightjar's call
This award looks to recognise the achievements of young people – aged under 25 - who start their own business or who progress through existing job roles to own or lead a company.
This category is being sponsored by Comedy Matters, run by Dr Maggie Irving, who is performance teacher, researcher, comedian and speaker.
Comedy Matters runs workshops designed to build creativity and confidence.
Dr Irving said this is the first time they have sponsored an awards and she is looking forward to the winners being announced.
She said: “I know how exciting and challenging it is to start up in business. I am thrilled to support young people in their endeavours and help them achieve the recognition and support they need.
“Standing up and standing out is so important and the winner of the young entrepreneur award will no doubt be doing this in their own inimitable style.”
Those wishing to apply for an Exmouth Business Award have until Friday (May 14) to put themselves forward by visiting https://www.exmouthchamber.co.uk/businessawards2021/