Exmouth Business Awards 2018: reflecting on the rewards of sponsoring the business awards
- Credit: Picture: John Thorogood
Sponsors for the Exmouth Business Awards come in all shapes and sizes, offering numerous products and services.
Accountancy firm and business advisers Thompson Jenner LLP sponsor the Best Business Award. What do they think the awards bring to the town?
“The event has created a regular business showcase, whereby the many diverse and successful businesses from our area have the chance to gain recognition,” says Ruskin Wilson, one of the firm’s partners.
Sponsoring the Best Business Award is a deliberate choice for the firm, added Ruskin.
“We’ve seen many of our clients grow from small start-up enterprises to significant successful businesses. This is such a rewarding process for us, so sponsoring the ‘Best Business’ category is always our first choice.
“We’re passionate and enthusiastic about helping local business owners succeed and will do everything we can to ensure that they are successful.
You may also want to watch:
“The heart of our service is to get to know our clients and build long-term relationships. That way we can provide the right help, advice and support, whatever challenges our clients’ may face. The important thing is to make sure we are always there to help them.”
Thompson Jenner is looking forward to this year’s awards at the Exmouth Ocean on Friday, May 18.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 8 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on
“Attending is a must for us,” says Ruskin. “Ocean is a fantastic location, and the evening shows what is great about Exmouth, our local people and the business community. Everyone attending is upbeat and positive about their business and about being located in the area, and that makes for a great atmosphere.”
Does it help them as a business?
“Seeing so many local businesses that we have helped, advised and supported be shortlisted or collect awards is rewarding and we believe a great testament to the personal approach, help and support that we strive to give our clients.
“It makes us feel proud that we have played our part in their success stories.
“We’re looking forward to a fabulous evening and would like to thank the Chamber of Commerce and the Exmouth Journal in organising a great annual event. The awards can look forward to our continued, ongoing support.”