Exmouth Business Awards 2018: keeping business thriving in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Exmouth Business Awards 2018 – the event that celebrates the achievements of local businesses – is coming up at Exmouth’s Ocean on Friday, May 18. Here we talk to Raymond James, the financial advisory firm that sponsors the Social Enterprise/Charity of the Year award...
Financial advisors Raymond James sponsors the Social Enterprise/Charity of the Year category at the Exmouth Business Awards.
What do they think the awards bring to the town?
“It says that business is thriving in Exmouth,” said the firm’s chartered wealth manager Pieter Burger.
“It’s vital when you’re seeking investment to create jobs.”
You may also want to watch:
Why did they decide to sponsor Social Enterprise/Charity of the Year?
“Running our business doesn’t leave much time to give back to the community. Sponsoring this category is one way to do that.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
“Last year’s winners – the Exmouth Coastwatch – have had a board in our window to make people aware of what they provide. We hope to do the same for this year’s winner.”
Are they looking forward to this year’s awards?
“Absolutely. It’s a chance to recognise those who do an outstanding job in their field. Hopefully this will encourage others to start a business or improve their service.”