Exmouth Business Awards 2018: Future is looking bright at Ladram Bay, the business award-winning holiday park
- Credit: Archant
The Exmouth Business Awards 2018 – celebrating the achievements of local businesses – is coming up at Exmouth’s Ocean on Friday, May 18. Here we look at Ladram Bay, which won the Tourism/Leisure Experience of the Year award in 2017,,,
Ladram Bay is a large holiday park, up the coast from Exmouth, with its own beach and numerous entertainment facilities for holiday makers and visitors.
“It’s our 75th birthday this year,” says Carla Newman, Ladram Bay’s marketing and events manager.
“Bill Carter had farmland that a few people asked to park their caravans on. Gradually, he realised that it would be a great business opportunity, and so we’ve grown the venue over the years.
“We now offer holiday homes, luxury lodges, glamping and apartments, in addition to sticking to our roots of caravan and tent hosting.”
Last year Ladram Bay scooped the Tourism/Leisure Experience of the Year award in the Exmouth Business Awards.
“We were surprised to win as the competition was very different from our business and also good companies,” said Carla.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 3 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 4 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 5 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 6 2,500-mile charity walk fundraiser to arrive in Exmouth tomorrow
- 7 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 8 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 9 Exmouth’s WI able to get back together for summer party
- 10 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
The award has had many benefits.
“It has been a great tool to raise awareness of our facilities to the local area and local people, who are welcome to visit our holiday park.”
It’s been a great year for Ladram Bay.
“The last 12 months have been amazing,” said Carla.
“We had great sales last year and won the following awards: Visit Devon, David Bellamy Conservation award (Gold), Hoseasons diamond family fun award in Devon, Somerset and Dorset, and even best loos!
“We’ve also been awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence and Food travellers choice. We’re proud of all of these achievements.”
And the future is looking bright, too.
“We’re already ahead on last year’s holiday sales. We also have lots of events to celebrate our 75th year, along with the opening of our brand-new Splash Zone facility.”
Carla feels the awards are a good thing for Exmouth.
“Definitely. It allows people to network with local businesses – some similar and some very different to your own company.
“It boosts morale about working in the town and raises awareness of all the great companies in the area.”
What advice had she got for businesses wanting to win an award?
“Get yourself out there and celebrate your business. Definitely give it a go!”