Exmouth Business Awards 2018: why BBX UK and the business awards have similar goals
- Credit: Archant
Some companies make natural partners for the Exmouth Business Award categories that they sponsor.
BBX UK – which gives firms a helping hand by selling any spare capacity within its business community – is a good example.
“BBX and the Exmouth Business Awards both aim for similar goals, a primary one being to strengthen small businesses and help them grow,” says Mandy Swift, BBX’s franchise director. “It felt only natural, then, to sponsor the Best Small Business category.
“The South West has a large number of small businesses, and we feel that, for our local economy to thrive, it’s essential to nurture both local small- and medium-sized enterprises, and the spirit of entrepreneurialism that creates them.”
She’s impressed with what the awards bring to the town.
“Not being a big city, Exmouth gets little attention for its business community.
You may also want to watch:
“It will benefit greatly from raising awareness of the many entrepreneurs and small businesses that grow and thrive here.
“Most of all, these awards show that Exmouth is home to every kind of business and innovation, not just ‘seaside’ shops.”
Mandy is looking forward to this year’s awards – at Exmouth’s Ocean on Friday, May 18.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
“Naturally a highlight will be to see the presentation for our category,” she says.
“However, it will also be wonderful to see so much hard work being recognised for other companies and individuals, especially as it will highlight innovation and expertise outside the big cities. It’s also a brilliant chance to network, knowing that so many motivated and talented business people will be in the room.
“We’d like to congratulate everyone who wins and everyone who was nominated, to wish them all future success.
“We’d also like to recognise how these awards have themselves grown and matured, becoming an award every candidate is proud to be nominated for.
“We really like that these are awards of substance. They cannot be won without serious hard work and genuine results. They are not ‘vanity’, but proper recognition.
“To support this, a lot of effort goes into making the night special, from the venue, catering, guests and publicity – it’s a true ‘red-carpet’ experience.”