Exmouth boys’ cycling mission
- Credit: Archant
A pair of boys from Exmouth are tackling a cycling challenge for their grandad.
The boys’ grandfather, Alan Preece, battled back from prostate cancer last year and now his grandsons want to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Eight-year-old Dylan Travers will be taking part in a 26-mile Devon Classic bike ride in July, while Dylan’s five-year-old brother, Charlie, will be cycling 10 miles to support him.
Proud mum Vickie, 36, of Langstone Drive, said: “Their grandfather was the one who got them both started with bikes.
“Dylan has done this all off his own back. It was his idea to contact the Journal and local coffee shops and other businesses in Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“He initially wanted to raise £100, but he beat that target in 24 hours – he now wants to raise £500 for Cancer Research UK. His dad and I are just so proud of him and Charlie.
“Residents should donate, as there so many people who have been affected by cancer.”
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 5 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 6 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 7 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 10 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
If you would like to donate to Dylan’s campaign, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dylan-Travers.