Exmouth beach thefts
THE police are urging people to be careful with their belongings after a number of thefts on Exmouth beach.
Nikki Payne, police community support officer, said if people planned to visit Exmouth, or any other beach, this summer they should take time to think about what to do with belongings before going into the sea.
The warning comes after a Hugo Boss watch with a silver white face worth approximately �150 was stolen sometime between 5pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday, July 7.
The watch was left unattended inside a shoe while the owner went for a swim.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Devon and Cornwall police quoting crime reference number KE/10/1703.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Payne said: “If you intend to visit Exmouth, or any other beach this summer, please take time to think about what you will do with your belongings if you go into the sea. Think about leaving unessential items at home.”
A black purse with white polka dots was stolen from a bag while the owner was enjoying the beach earlier this month. The purse contained cash and various cards.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
Anyone with information should call the police quoting crime reference number KE/10/1707.