Exmouth artist gets Mayor’s Award
AHEAD of the Exmouth Art Group’s annual exhibition in September, one of their artists was awarded the inaugural Mayors Award.
The award is specially commissioned engraved glass bowl t be presented each year to the outstanding piece of art produced by a member following the Exmouth Festival.
And in the first year of the award Mayor Darryl Nicholas presented the award in a ceremony at the town hall to Glyn Cowles for his acrylic panorama of the River Otter in the snow.
Group President Colin Marshall said: “It was a fine piece of work. We have some very capable artists in our group and the standard was very impressive.”
Exmouth Art Group’s main exhibition is being held at the Elizabeth Hall on Exmouth Seafront from September 9 to 25.
You may also want to watch:
The raffle painting is by the late Michael Tiernay, entitled ‘The River Otter’.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall