Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- Credit: Exmouth AIr Cadets
As Exmouth’s Air Cadet’s squadron emerges from lockdown, they are urging youngsters to join them.
During lockdown the 299 Squadron Air Cadets was still holding Teams Virtual Parade Nights where cadets focused on academic subjects including Air Navigation, Airmanship and Principles of Flight.
Now lockdown is ending, the squadron is holding a recruitment evening on Friday, May 14.
Jonathan Grant, of the Exmouth Air Cadets, said they are only interested in ‘you and your potential’, adding that being an air cadet ‘is its own reward’.
He added: “Aside from flying, sports, target shooting, adventure training and great fun.
“You constantly see the benefits of your own efforts, building on your achievements and earning BTECs and DoE Awards.
“You'll be expected to take part in as many of the activities as possible, but with what's on offer you won't need much persuading.”
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 9 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 10 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
To reserve a place at the recruitment evening, or for more information about the Air Cadets, email firstname.lastname@example.org