Exmouth A Cappella choir donates to community car service
- Credit: Archant
A local charity is better off to the tune of more than £1,400, thanks to Exmouth A Cappella.
The choir raises money for a charity every year, selected by members at their AGM, and the beneficiary of 2019's collections was Exmouth Community Car Service.
Members of the service were invited to one of Exmouth A Cappella's rehearsals to be presented with a cheque for £1,432.25, as well as to hear the music.
In 2020 the fundraising will be in aid of Exmouth Open Door, which aims to help and support those in the community who are most in need.
The chorus can next be seen performing on Saturday, February 29, in Glenorchy Church at 2.30pm, where they have been invited to help raise funds for three important church charities.
You may also want to watch:
Also appearing is pianist Tim Outhen. Tickets, which are £6 including refreshments, are available at Glenorchy Church's Saturday coffee morning or on the door.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh