Exeter's Northcott Theatre placed in administration
BREAKING NEWS: TRUSTEES of the Exeter s Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
TRUSTEES of the Exeter's Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
The decision was made at a meeting of the Board of Trustees yesterday evening, Wednesday February 24.
A spokesperson for Arts Council England said: "We are disappointed that the decision has been taken to place the Northcott Theatre into administration at this point.
"We have been working with the new management over the last two years to broaden the theatre's programming and increase its audiences.
"Despite this hard work, a legacy of financial problems has recently come to light. The Arts Council has been working with the Northcott's new management to understand the extent of these problems but this work is not yet complete.
"We will now work with the administrators to see what assistance we might be able to offer to the organisation going forward."
- 1 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 4 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 5 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 6 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 7 Denley's wins top restaurant accolade at Asian Curry Awards
- 8 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 9 Vulnerable people are still falling through the cracks in society
- 10 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
Two years ago the theatre was granted a reprieve from closure after the Arts Council guaranteed funding until 2011.