Exeter's Northcott Theatre placed in administration
BREAKING NEWS: TRUSTEES of the Exeter s Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
TRUSTEES of the Exeter's Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
The decision was made at a meeting of the Board of Trustees yesterday evening, Wednesday February 24.
A spokesperson for Arts Council England said: "We are disappointed that the decision has been taken to place the Northcott Theatre into administration at this point.
"We have been working with the new management over the last two years to broaden the theatre's programming and increase its audiences.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite this hard work, a legacy of financial problems has recently come to light. The Arts Council has been working with the Northcott's new management to understand the extent of these problems but this work is not yet complete.
"We will now work with the administrators to see what assistance we might be able to offer to the organisation going forward."
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Two years ago the theatre was granted a reprieve from closure after the Arts Council guaranteed funding until 2011.