Exeter's Northcott Theatre placed in administration
BREAKING NEWS: TRUSTEES of the Exeter s Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
TRUSTEES of the Exeter's Northcott Theatre have decided to place the organisation into administration.
The decision was made at a meeting of the Board of Trustees yesterday evening, Wednesday February 24.
A spokesperson for Arts Council England said: "We are disappointed that the decision has been taken to place the Northcott Theatre into administration at this point.
"We have been working with the new management over the last two years to broaden the theatre's programming and increase its audiences.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite this hard work, a legacy of financial problems has recently come to light. The Arts Council has been working with the Northcott's new management to understand the extent of these problems but this work is not yet complete.
"We will now work with the administrators to see what assistance we might be able to offer to the organisation going forward."
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Women's triumphant triple challenge set to net £15,000 for charity
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
Two years ago the theatre was granted a reprieve from closure after the Arts Council guaranteed funding until 2011.