Exeter Road youngsters’ joy after donkey visit
- Credit: Picture: Exeter Road Primary School
The Donkey Sanctuary visits pupils at Exeter Road Primary School, Exmouth
Youngsters at an Exmouth primary school had a surprise visit from some four-legged friends.
Pupils from Exeter Road Primary School shared their playground with donkeys from The Donkey Sanctuary.
The day started with a special assembly and the children had the opportunity to get up close to the donkeys.
Pupils then had workshops to learn how to look after the four-legged animals.
You may also want to watch:
One of the children said they were surprised how calm the donkeys were and another said they liked how the fur felt.
A spokesman for the school said: “The children really enjoyed the visit.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
“They were talking about it a lot in the days after as well.
“They learned about looking after animals and the charity.
“Some children have gone on to visit the sanctuary in Sidmouth and we are collecting money so that we can adopt a donkey for the school.”