ExeFest organisers hope for an Exmouth return
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010. ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010.
ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all ages with a day of fun and entertainment through an array of live acts, DJs, art and dance.
The event, attended by more than 500 people, was organized by a small group of volunteers and funded by the Princes Trust.
Alex Warren, who helped put ExeFest together, said: "There was a buzz around Exmouth in the following weeks with all who attended giving rave reviews and those who hadn't wishing they had been.
"Unfortunately, efforts from the organisers to obtain sponsorship (for 2009) from local business failed.
"This was despite putting time into making information packs; mock brochures and a website to show the prospective sponsors how successful the first event had been and how important it was to continue.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Harrier Amanda racing in the Chichester Harbour Trail
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 7 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 8 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 9 Church group sends boxes of gifts to Moldova Christmas appeal
- 10 East Devon Football Results
"We feel a commitment to Exmouth in bringing it back for 2010."
For more information on ExeFest, visit the following website address at: http://www.myspace.com/exmouthnewmusic