ExeFest organisers hope for an Exmouth return
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010. ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010.
ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all ages with a day of fun and entertainment through an array of live acts, DJs, art and dance.
The event, attended by more than 500 people, was organized by a small group of volunteers and funded by the Princes Trust.
Alex Warren, who helped put ExeFest together, said: "There was a buzz around Exmouth in the following weeks with all who attended giving rave reviews and those who hadn't wishing they had been.
You may also want to watch:
"Unfortunately, efforts from the organisers to obtain sponsorship (for 2009) from local business failed.
"This was despite putting time into making information packs; mock brochures and a website to show the prospective sponsors how successful the first event had been and how important it was to continue.
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
"We feel a commitment to Exmouth in bringing it back for 2010."
For more information on ExeFest, visit the following website address at: http://www.myspace.com/exmouthnewmusic