ExeFest organisers hope for an Exmouth return
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010. ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all
ORGANISERS of an Exmouth festival which was cancelled last year because of a lack of sponsorship are appealing to businesses to help it return in 2010.
ExeFest, a music and arts festival was launched two years ago as an event which provides people of all ages with a day of fun and entertainment through an array of live acts, DJs, art and dance.
The event, attended by more than 500 people, was organized by a small group of volunteers and funded by the Princes Trust.
Alex Warren, who helped put ExeFest together, said: "There was a buzz around Exmouth in the following weeks with all who attended giving rave reviews and those who hadn't wishing they had been.
You may also want to watch:
"Unfortunately, efforts from the organisers to obtain sponsorship (for 2009) from local business failed.
"This was despite putting time into making information packs; mock brochures and a website to show the prospective sponsors how successful the first event had been and how important it was to continue.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 5 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Women's triumphant triple challenge set to net £15,000 for charity
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
"We feel a commitment to Exmouth in bringing it back for 2010."
For more information on ExeFest, visit the following website address at: http://www.myspace.com/exmouthnewmusic