May I take this opportunity of thanking all the people of Brixington for their support during the election period?
I am humbled by the response and feel proud to be returned as the Independent member of both town and district councils. My promise to all is a simple one, as I have always said, if you have a problem call me (email, letter or phone) and I will do my best to help.
Thanks, too, to the friends and colleagues who took the leaflets around the ward, sometimes in very hot or wet conditions; without your help, I would not have been returned.
Now to the future: the Local Development Framework will not go away, there are still threats to us being swamped by housing.
Exmouth is a great town but, I believe, without proper planning and sensible building, our little bit of it may struggle.
You may also want to watch:
These are exciting times (as the town clerk has said), but we must move together and carefully to make sure that the future Exmouth is as good as the present one.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
Independent councillor for Brixington.