Equipment boost for Exmouth pupils
Pupils from four schools in Exmouth celebrated receiving new equipment from Tesco
Sports equipment, musical instruments and art and craft supplies were handed over by Tesco to pupils from four Exmouth schools.
Throughout the year, Marpool, Withycombe Raleigh, St Joseph’s and Littleham primary schools had been avidly collecting the Tesco schools vouchers to benefit the pupils.
Youngsters from the four schools were recently invited to the Salterton Road Tesco, where East Devon MP Hugo Swire presented each school with an extra box of equipment.
Bassetts Farm Primary School had been nominated by Tesco to receive any extra in-store vouchers donated by shoppers instead of receiving a complimentary box of equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco customer service manager Lisa Hammond said Withycombe Raleigh school had collected more than 60,000 vouchers.
She said all vouchers collected by the schools were converted into goods after matching their worth in a catalogue.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start